Rogue Empire: The prelude
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Important!: This is the demo version of the game and it is free. I recommend ;) the EARLY ACCESS of the full version HERE: https://roguempire.itch.io/rogue-empire
Quick Note: Change logs are down in the comment section.
Quick Note 2: If you can at least check out my renewed patreon.com site! I need all the support possible ;)
- Rogue Empire got greenlit! So thanks a lot for the support!
- If Rogue Empire is something you might be interested please visit the official site www.roguempire.com and follow us at Twitter and Facebook!!!
- Also, if you feel really passionate about Rogue Empire support us at patreon.com!
About Rogue Empire: The Prelude (Free Version)
Rogue Empire, The Prelude is the prequel to Rogue Empire, an upcoming Roguelike game with a rich epic story with many twists!
Some of the distinct features you can expect in Rogue Empire, The Prelude:
- A beautifully illustrated story.
- An innovative talent system that borrows concepts of TCG's (Trading Card Games)!
- A taste of the Warrior class and Human Race.
- Exciting boss fights with fun and cool mechanics!
The prelude is a short version of the game telling the story of a warrior named Eghoss in search of a mythical artifact.
This seemingly simple adventure will let any one dive into the world of Ethistos and preface the grand adventure to come. Some answers about the arrival of a mysterious Rogue Empire will be answered but much more questions will appear along Eghoss adventure.
It is/will be also worth noticing the prelude is a complete game by it self only not so big in length and with a fixed character.
About Rogue Empire: Main Campaign (above 8 USD support)
The main campaign takes place decades after The Prelude, with the world of Ethistos submerged in shadows!
Additional features you can expect in The main Campaign:
- Create a character from 7 race choices and 5 classes with distinct game play styles!
- Explore a vast world map!
- A lot of environments: Lava, Jungle, Dessert, Ice, ruins, etc
- More boss fights!
- Gather soul essence during your several adventures and unlock new content/perks.
Game tips and instructions (for the prelude)
You have an in game tutorial system to help you along and a manual (esc -> manual), but I will give you some pointers here for successful adventure:
- The game is turn based, so think carefully before acting. Sometimes it is better to wait for the enemy to come close or even run than go in Leeroy style!
- The character is a warrior and can feel fairly tanky later in the game. This can let to overconfidence. Try to have always 50% + hp.
- 'R'resting is your friend. Try to do it in small rooms and close the door.
- Don't underestimate the power of wands to get out of some sticky situations.
- For the moment when going to another level monsters won't follow. This might change in the future... or not ;)
- You might notice small blue souls flying around the level, they hit you at where the next level is.
|Published||Dec 19, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Perma Death, Roguelike, Singleplayer, Tactical RPG, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Patreon, Homepage, Steam Greenlight, Twitter, Facebook|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Long needed update to the Demo80 days ago
- Some indie love!Jan 07, 2018
- Rogue Empire early access now on the holiday sales!Dec 18, 2017
- Version 0.8.7 released!Dec 05, 2017
- Version 0.8.5 released!Nov 10, 2017
- Latest improvements to the game (v0.8.3)Oct 05, 2017
- New Alpha Release 0.8.0, now also available for mac users!Jul 22, 2017
- New Version Uploaded!May 26, 2017