Version 0.9.8 Released!
Ok guys, a huge updatem now the game version went from v0.9.5 to v0.9.8
Thanks to your support Rogue Empire Made it to the Top 100 in the Indie of the Year 2008 contest at IndieDB!
But the contest is not over as now the top 100 get voted to see the spot you end at! I would encourage you to vote for Rogue Empire again :D
Again, thanks so much!!!
Now, without further ado, here are the main changes ( I might have missed some) introduced into the game:
- Added more than 30 legendary items/gear! You will find several little Easter Eggs on them!
At the moment you are guaranteed to get at least 1 legendary item from the first boss you kill. After this the loot chance depends on the amount of legendary items already acquired and the source of loot. From higher to lower chance this is:
- Golden chests.
- Zoo rooms.
- Regular chests.
- Goo protected rooms.
- Regular Monsters
- For more info on legendary weapons see: Rogue Empire Announcement 1 Sep Upcoming Legendary Items Preview As I am working on the next big update I wanted to share a little of what’s coming: Legendary Gear! So let’s start this thread, shall we!?
- For more info on legendary armor sets see: Rogue Empire Announcement 29 Oct Upcoming Item Sets Preview Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know what will be coming soon to the beta build for everyone to check out: Item Sets!...
- Added ancient Runes and Altars! For more details see: Rogue Empire Announcement 27 Nov Upcoming Legendary Item Drop Changes / Structure: Runes & Altars Hi everyone! I wanted to show you a small preview of whats coming along side other stuff in the next beta build update. First of, lets tell how the system for legendary item drops works so far.
- Improved item Compare, pickup and detail display.
Show Items On Floor Key:
Detailed pickup:SeeRogue Empire Announcement 10 Sep Upcoming QoL: Improved pick up and item highlight! I wanted to show a little about another feature coming with the next beta release this week! Detailed pickup window Now in addition to the regular pickup you can shift+p (can be changed) to pop up... for more info!
- Updated trap and goo special rooms so that they will if possible generate a treasure chest instead of an item.
- Added 2 new special rooms that can be generated during dungeon creation.
- Enemies that not wear armor such as beasts or giant insects now have armor with 95% coverage (think of it as fur) and different armor point depending on the enemy.
- Added 1 new possible modifier for non legendary items.
- (Temporal) When getting a legendary there is a higher probability it fits the class you are playing.
- Weapons now have damage types: Slashing vs Piercing vs Bludgeoning. Enemies have different vulnerabilities or resistance to each type. For example skeletons are very resistant to Piercing damage but vulnerable to Bludgeoning damage. This will add new layer of strategy to weapon choice.
- Ammo of the same type is auto-equipped on ammo slot.
- Added 2 new environments:
- Added Christmas flavor (can be disabled in settings).
- Added a new location to the main campaign.
- Elves have a new starting racial "Elven Heritage" : +10% perception and +10% intelligence.
- Otwoks have a new starting racial "Wooden Body" : +50% deduced damaged from piercing attacks.
- Fixed issue where on the first time you load a game the weight status would not show properly.
- Fixed several smaller issues while I was doing the content update.
- Cloud saves should now work cross OS.
- Fixed action bar slot bug where it sometimes would get locked.
- Fixed bug where rapid cuts would not apply hit bonuses. Consecutively nerfed it a little.
- Fixed bug where none physical dots (such as poison) would break prepared and very prepared bonuses.
- Fixed bug where offset shield would add to armor coverage && mitigation.
- Fixed bug related to none-compressed saves.
- Fixed bug related to none-compressed saves.
- Obstructions up from tiles in the field of view get now revealed. This avoids enemies not showing their health bar.
- Prepared blows now should always wear off after the next move of the entity doing it.
- Enemies killed by fire created by player should now properly give XP. This also include propagated fire.
- Summoned vines now properly surround the target and no longer count towards the summoner active summons limit.
- Improved off screen summoning times to not halt the game.
- Fixed bug that prevented the additional champions too spawn in the challenge dungeon.
- Fixed bug that made trolls have 30% less hp instead of 30% more hp as a racial.
- Fixed bug where very late game speed item modifiers would be insanely high.
- Fixed issue on inventory when using an item would select a random item category.
- Reduced a little the spawning rate of high spawning dungeons and fixed its tool-tip.
- Reduced the weight of magic rations to 0.1s
- First aid heal and cool down slightly nerffed.
- 2h weapons damage was made more consistent (less deviation) in general. A few weapons got their damage improved, specially the different types of sickle as it had an error in its formula.
- Ranged weapons damage was made more consistent (less deviation) in general. Late game ranged weapons have had their damage improved.
- First Aid heal reduced slightly. Cool down also increased. Now uses 5000 energy instead of 1000 (making it recommended to not do while in combat).
- Earth Elementals are now immune to poison.
- Some legendary weapons where nerfed. This does not affect current games.
- Buffed armor and armor coverage of all enemies.
- Shape shifted druids can no longer be disarmed.
- Item bonuses to speed, hp regen and mana regen now stack additively with each other.
- Shields have had their armor values greatly increased to buff them as an defensive option.
- Shoulder and leg gear has had their body coverage values increased for lower tiers.
- Legendary items with abilities now have their cooldowns tied to having the item equipped. This means cooldowns tick down when you have the legendary equipped and tick up when you don't have it equipped (capped).
- Halved health of non summoned vines and barricades. Added fire vulnerability.
- Deviation on the Initial health rolls for every class has been reduced. Not so initial attribute rolls (depends on race).
- Goo armor slightly reduced. Goo now returns a little damage back.
- Ancient book of learning now ticks with spell learning even if not successful.
- Warriors demoralizing shout uses no energy now.
- Hunter weapon affinity talents where improved around 30%.
- Improved spell items space usage of its description in the UI.
- Updated the underlying unity (game engine) version.
As always feel free to pop up at discord and discuss with me about whatever you want!
Cheers and happy crawling!
Get Rogue Empire: Dungeon Crawler RPG
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.